Read something related to biology on the web
"Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is a molecule that encodes the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms. The basis are the the nucleotides, each composed by either guanine (G), adenine (A), thymine (T), or cytosine(C) as well as a special sugar called deoxyribose (which holds the nucleotides together). A few 10-1.000 nucleotides code for genes, the building instructions of proteins and enzymes, which both create the entire cell's structure as well as the metabolic pathways. The entire DNA in a cell is called genome."
...and start learning:
- Click the highlighted words above, read the definition and watch a video.
- Some words are more complicated, click 'Repeat' and the word becomes orange.
- Once you know it, click the 'learned' button and the word becomes green.
Now visit those pages to see it in action
Why are we building this?
We are the guys from SynBio.info and we are on the mission to bring in more people to the fascinating industry of biotechnology. Our background is software, mechanical engineering and business - so biology was rather new to us in the beginning.
Quickly, we realized the following:
- First, you need to learn the technical language to understand the texts you read, so we built this interactive glossary.
- Second, you need to understand the basics of genetics, learn how you (in general) engineer new living organisms and see, which applications you can build with SynBio.
- Last but not least, we want to help you to get really involved in SynBio - but that's coming soon.
Do you want to help us?
This is a community project, so everyone is welcome!