A list of blogs regarding our field.
List from Jean Peccou
© Text 2015 Jean Peccou
- PLoS Synthetic Biology Community is maintained by the PLoS Staff with contributions from the community edited by David Shifrin and myself. Publishes weekly. (http://synbio.plos.org/)
- Scientific American: The Oscillator is a synthetic biology blog maintained by Christina Agapakis. She publishes about one post per month. (http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/oscillator/)
- Synthetic Aesthetics is collaboration between the University of Edinburgh (Jane Calvert, Allistair Elfick) and Stanford (Drew Endy) explores the interface between synthetic biology, art and design. (http://www.syntheticaesthetics.org/)
- Synthesis is an excellent blog with long entries by Rob Carlson on various social and strategic issues (http://www.synthesis.cc/)
- SynBioBeta is a community of entrepreneurs, investors, and service providers in synthetic biology. Blog entries cover commercial applications of synthetic biology (http://synbiobeta.com/blog/)
- Genome Compiler provides software tools for synthetic biology. They post entries of general interest to the synthetic biology community. (http://www.genomecompiler.com/articles/)
- Addgene maintains an active blog with entries contributed by members of the community. The blog covers a number of topics of interest to synthetic biologists (http://blog.addgene.org/topic/synthetic-biology)
- IndieBio maintains a blog with posts contributed by the incubator mentors. Topics are mostly focused on DIY Bio and entrepreneurship. (http://indieb.io/blog/)
- GetSynBio is online community focused on synthetic biology. The format is not a blog per se but the spirit is similar. (http://www.getsynbio.com/articles/)
- GARNet is a BBSRC sponsored network that supports Arabidopsis researchers and the wider plant science community. One section of their blog focuses on plant synbio (http://blog.garnetcommunity.org.uk/category/synthetic-biology/)
- The SynBioLogist: News curated by Gerd Moe-Behrens using the paper.li platform
- SynBio from Leukippos Institute: SynBio news curate by the Leukippos Institute using Scoop.it.